Yesterday the grade 5 students had the privilege of having Dr. Leipsic come in to teach us about the human heart. The students loved the hands on experience. Please read their thoughts below:
- " I loved it! I learned so much about the heart. I thought it was going to be red but I learned that it was preserved and that made it green and grey."
- "Dr. Leipsic passed around two types of lungs one was from a smoker and that one was all dark and almost black. The other one was pure white. We will never smoke."
- "We saw lots of types of hearts even one from someone that had a heart attack. The tiny white spot on the heart showed that the heart was not well."
- "I saw a heart with a huge hole in it, I could fit my hand right into it. This heart was very thin compared to the heart with no hole."
- "There was a heart attachment made out of metal that they use to put in the heart to help it work better. It is crazy that people have metal in their body."
- "Dr Leipsic taught us never to smoke - after seeing the ugly heart from a person who smoked I will never smoke!"
- "Dr Leipsic taught us about the arteries and veins that bring blood back and forth to the heart."
- "I learned that there are valves in the body."
Thank you so much Dr. Leipsic this is just a glimpse of what the students learned!
Please subscribe to my blog! Just click on the "contact" tab and all updates will be sent directly to you! Thank you for your support, this is going to be an amazing year!