A special thank you.
Dear students and parents,
I have had an amazing year filled with love, laughter and learning. Thank you to all my students for teaching me everything you have this year. Your commitment, hard work and enthusiasm has made this year amazing. Even though I will not be teaching you next year, please don’t forget me and always remember I am here for you each step of the way. I will miss each one of you!
To all the wonderful parents, grandparents and other anchors. Thank you for sharing your child with me! Your ongoing communication, trust and respect has made my year and commitment to VTT such a pleasure. I wish you all a safe and happy summer.
A friendly reminder all students are to come dressed in Yachad colours for the last day of school. They may come in all different colours or choose one of the Yachad colours. (Orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and red.
1. The field trip was a huge success! Please see Miss Morrell's blog for pictures: http://missmorrell.blogspot.ca
2. To celebrate the end of the year will be having a talent show in our class on Tuesday, June 23rd. Students are welcome to share their talents with the class, but this is entirely optional. Keep in mind that we will be in the classroom and are therefore limited for space. Below I've listed some possible ideas:
- playing a small musical instrument
- sharing artwork
- sharing medals/trophies
- sharing a computer project on the projector
- sharing writing/poetry
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me!
3. Sadly the year is coming to an end:( To help students bring their work and supplies home please provide them with a bag to transport their materials. Things will be sent home starting Monday.
As we are working through our time unit, I am noticing that students need some extra practice telling time on a 24 hour clock. As such, I have put a link to an interactive game below.
Here are some reminders for tomorrow's field trip:
- leaving school at 9:20, returning to VTT at 3:00
- non-uniform day
- no Jewcy Cuisine - please bring a packed lunch, snacks, and plenty of water (no concession)
- students may bring a book, ball, or other small game (no electronics)
- it will be sunny - wear sunscreen!
- bring a backpack with: bathing suit, towel, hat (optional), sunglasses (optional), change of clothes, plastic bag to store wet bathing suit
Yesterday students in grade 4 headed to the Learning Commons for a Summer Reading Club orientation with Suzy Arbor from the Oakridge Library. The students were excited for the many programs being offered over this summer. Please see the link below for more information and registration:)
Please note that the programs are offered at many locations and not just at Oakridge;)