Yesterday the grade 5 students had the privilege of having Dr. Leipsic come in to teach us about the human heart. The students loved the hands on experience. Please read their thoughts below:
- " I loved it! I learned so much about the heart. I thought it was going to be red but I learned that it was preserved and that made it green and grey."
- "Dr. Leipsic passed around two types of lungs one was from a smoker and that one was all dark and almost black. The other one was pure white. We will never smoke."
- "We saw lots of types of hearts even one from someone that had a heart attack. The tiny white spot on the heart showed that the heart was not well."
- "I saw a heart with a huge hole in it, I could fit my hand right into it. This heart was very thin compared to the heart with no hole."
- "There was a heart attachment made out of metal that they use to put in the heart to help it work better. It is crazy that people have metal in their body."
- "Dr Leipsic taught us never to smoke - after seeing the ugly heart from a person who smoked I will never smoke!"
- "Dr Leipsic taught us about the arteries and veins that bring blood back and forth to the heart."
- "I learned that there are valves in the body."
Thank you so much Dr. Leipsic this is just a glimpse of what the students learned!