Simple Machines Design Project
Gather a few things from around the house, in your toy box, junk drawer, or recycling. Balls, marbles, dominoes, string, toy cars, magnets, cardboard or tubes, etc. Don't worry, you can collect more later. Avoid fire or dangerous chemicals or anything that goes against school policy- no glass, no knives! If you are not sure please check with me before your bring it in! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!
All recycled items must be brought in by TUESDAY October 24th. Each student is only allowed to bring in 1 bag of recycled items. However... the one bag can be any size;)
Today students will be bringing home a mad minute booklet. This booklet is for 1 minute practice done daily. The package DOES NOT come back to school unless requested by me. Please use this daily practice booklet and please go over the link on my blog for Mammoth Math website with tons of excellent multiplication resources.
Here is the link to the mad minutes. Please keep it safe at home as I will not be printing extra copies (they are 64 pages long!).
1. Math worksheet due Monday Oct. 23rd . 1 page front and back.
Please practice multiplication facts daily! I will be sending home a package of drills home this week for students to work on at home. The drills are for 1 minute each. A great way for your child to do a quick practice:) Please keep this package at home.
2. French Wanted poster due Monday, October 23rd
Please complete the math word problems coming home today. Due on Wednesday October 11th.
Due Friday Sept 29th
Please complete the math and science homework pages.
Homework pages are in the agenda in the front clear pouch.
Parents please sign when your child has completed their homework.
1. Problem of the week and division practice due Tuesday November 8th
2. Study for the science test! See the blog for tips on how to study. See below for the handout which students have all gone over in class and have the answers to. I will be marking for spelling as well on the labelling part of the test. Students have been given the diagram of the heart, one labelled and one blank to practice.
Test will be on Wednesday November 9th
The math worksheets are due back Tuesday November 1st.
Math problem of the week due Wednesday October 26th
Students have been working hard in their groups this week on their Hisardutvival projects. Students have been working on a google doc and in their packages.
We ask that parents do the following by WEDNESDAY MAY 25th:
1. Please check the materials list. Students have individually assigned certain materials they feel they can bring on Sunday May 29th 5:30-8:00. Please bring materials to the school on this night.
2. Students have 2 hours to complete their projects! Parents are allowed to bring materials as well that they feel will help the students create their projects. However we would like limited help from parents. We would love your help doing things such as cutting, hot gluing and other things that would be safer for parents to do. Students are not allowed to bring the project completed! This is a group effort and the two hours provided is the only time students have to put their projects together. We have gone over timing and hope students have set realistic goals - it can be done in 2 hours!
3. Working through the details with your child to see their vision and providing feedback:)
4. Help your child update the materials list - especially if there are things they thought they could bring, however, your family does not have it or cannot bring it. I have asked all students to check their google doc over the weekend incase group members have updated the materials.
5. Parents must write that they have seen and approve the material list on the google doc! ( you can write it on the google doc - I ___________ approve the list!
6. Students who are absent please check if you received the google doc. If not please contact a group member to share it with you.
Thank you for your support! Please see below for original message.
Dear Grade 4 Parents,
As a part of our school-wide Yachad theme of environmental stewardship for the month of May, Grade 4 students will be working collaboratively on a cross-curricular project to create a "HisardutVival" museum (Hisardut means survival in Hebrew ). The students will be divided into teams to plan how to create something that can help them survive on a deserted island.
On Sunday, May 29th, from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m., teams will be getting together in VTT's gym for a fun, innovative, and bonding family experience to build their project with YOUR help (siblings too). All the planning will take place during class time. Jessica Forman, Kerry Benson and Janet Kimmel have graciously come forward to organize the dinner. Please complete the form below to RSVP and help us plan the food accordingly.
Meals are $10 for adults and $8 for children up to Grade 7.
The menu is pizza, salad, veggies and dessert.
Payment can be made via cash or cheque to Jennifer's office.
Click this link to access the meal order form: https://docs.google.com/a/talmudtorah.com/forms/d/19H7GtHnJ2gpAm12O6SYwcjKNj8moOPtF_k5BqybhCng/viewform