Students are working hard each day on the multiplication unit. This week we are going to go over a wonderful article by Mammoth Math that will look at how to help students with multiplication.
In the article it will discuss some general principles in helping students with their multiplication tables:
1. Why study the tables?
2. Learning tables in a structured manner
3. Example: memorizing the table of 3 in five steps
4. Are timed drills necessary?
5. Multiplication games
7. What about mnemonic helps?
8. Math Mammoth Multiplication 1 book
This is a great resource to discuss with your child and to use at home! We will be going over it tomorrow in class and I will show students how to use the site:)